Not all, but most.PB's law II: "Most people prefer stable over bleeding-edge"
The domains in which who prefers what are arbitrary though.
However, the source of this assumption is:
- Most people are annoyed by digi-obsolescence.
- Many people are stressed out by frequent updates.
- Many people would still use their first hardware-software-whatever, if it'd still work/be possible.
- Many people find changes to interfaces/behavior annoying (at least at first)
- Many people were happy with the previous version of Word/Excel (Recursing back to '95/98. Seriously).
- Many people would be happy to buy a newer-rusting car and an everlasting light bulb. And phone. And computer. etc.
- Many people don't even use or miss the latest feature.