Austin fucking Powers

Whatever pisses you off. Whatever you want to yell out to the world. POST IT HERE, DARNIT!

Moderator: poppycat

Norea
Absolute Beginner

Austin fucking Powers

Post by Norea »

I hate the guy... i hate the movies.. i hate everything in it.. i can't bare watching more than 5 sec with Mike Myers as Austin Powers.. hes filthy, hes annoying and hes just... stupid.. I didn't find it amusing at all.. just predictable and dumb.. and no i didn't watch the last one, sequels are never better than the first movie.. though i doubt that it could get any worse.. I bet the movies cost millions to make, what if they would put the money into something a little more.. i dont know... humane.. cause watching the movies is pure torture...

At least they offer to give u your own spy name.. oh, the generousity..
http://www.austinpowers.com/cgi-bin/austin/spyname.cgi
^rooker
Site Admin

could be worse.

Post by ^rooker »

I bet you ain't seen the german version yet, right? Because THAT'S a pain!
It's not just that the whole movie loses every flair by losing the british accent, but they also have fucked up almost all jokes.

Anyway, I personally considered it quite entertaining (the english version only), but I must admit, that the joke-level is not set too high and yes, you're right, the other 2 sequels do get worse - except for the beginning of Part #3, because the beginning of Part #3 is REALLY funny... (If you've seen westside story)

I'm almost done here, but I MUST say, that it's not always true that the sequels are worse than the first part - take Indiana Jones III for example. I'd bet this is the best part of all three. Sean Connery + Harrison Ford are such an "odd couple" - really great!
Norea
Absolute Beginner

Post by Norea »

I have to agree with you on that one.. i loved the last I-J movie.. but that was back in the days.. they dont make movies like that anymore..
^rooker
Site Admin

special FX

Post by ^rooker »

could be... I guess it's because the movie-makers think that they MUST have at least a certain amount of computer-generated special effects.

This might be nice for action- or CGI-freaks, but it seems to me like there was no money left for the people who usually took care of the story!

I must prevent myself from starting to complain about MTV videos here... They've lost all their charm. ALL of them have real short cuts and it's all tits and ass all the time...