Windows-Users acting like IT Professionals

Whatever pisses you off. Whatever you want to yell out to the world. POST IT HERE, DARNIT!

Moderator: poppycat

^rooker
Site Admin

Windows-Users acting like IT Professionals

Post by ^rooker »

Quite often (actually, too often) I hear people in e.g. public transports talking about their PC at home or about computer technology.

Almost none of them really know what they are talking about, but they are using a lot of "important" sounding words - but from how they use them, someone who actually understands those words knows immediately that they don't know shit.

I really love it when I hear those people talk about how experienced they are, because they got their Windows XP machine to recognize their foto camera, and stuff like that.

Topics those people are REALLY interested in - and "of course" are absolute professionals in are mainly:

Digital fotography, Skype, downloading MP3s and Videos, burning DVDs and thus they are sooooo cool and of course professionals. :shock:

Currently I just had an "interesting" talk with someone like that and I'm still emotinally too involved - so I think I'll finish this post some other day.
poppycat
Forum Bitch No.1

Post by poppycat »

But UPnP is so techno geeky! Windows has to be technically super incredible.. it has sexy GUIs just like in Hackers. Command lines are so 1978!
I will give you $5 for your soul...mwuhahahaha
gilthanaz
Site Admin

PAH

Post by gilthanaz »

I like 1960. Green on black. THAT is getting my hormones to flow!
poppycat
Forum Bitch No.1

Post by poppycat »

Your ancient geek wisdom gets me hot like a badly overclocked CPU. I needs to go fan myself right now!
^rooker
Site Admin

sparkle and fade....

Post by ^rooker »

nothing's better than the warm, cosy feeling you get watching the phosphor dots in an old CRT fade out softly....
...while the electron beam gently refreshes the other ones....

8)