(T)Errorism

Whatever pisses you off. Whatever you want to yell out to the world. POST IT HERE, DARNIT!

Moderator: poppycat

^rooker
Site Admin

(T)Errorism

Post by ^rooker »

*sigh* :cry:

It seems that those bombing incidents in London have finally made it: People are going nuts.

In the last few days an incredible amount of articles in newspapers, online discussions and tv-news make me believe that a lot of officials have just been waiting for something like that to happen.

Why should they?
Because it seems that a lot of "un-democratic" ideas are hidden in desk drawers, waiting for a reason to be let out.

In the newspapers, for example, a lot of articles about "upcoming surveillance" like cameras, tracking mobile phones, eavesdropping, yada, yada, yada... justify those things because of the things happened in England. +great+

---------------------
I'm not good at keeping things short, but I think you get my point, so here's my resume:

If democracy would work as it was meant to be, there would be no need for bombs or airplane-hijacks, because the people could tell the government what they want - but currently the governing ones give a shit.

The problem with "forcing others to listen" is nothing new. It's just boiling down to: "This was an attack - we must fight back!"

Am I missing something or is this comparable to raising kids?
If you teach them responsibility and give them the feeling that their opinion matters, they will more likely tell you if there's a problem, than run away and do something stupid in order to be heard.