Computer sales staff

Whatever pisses you off. Whatever you want to yell out to the world. POST IT HERE, DARNIT!

Moderator: poppycat

^rooker
Site Admin

Computer sales staff

Post by ^rooker »

I just ran across this nice little quote which says what I'm thinking about most of the staff selling computer stuff in stores:

When buying a computer from PCWorld its best to take a friend/colleague that know their stuff as PCWorld sales staff often do not understand the needs and requirements of the user. In most instances PCs are used for emailing, word processing, yet the staff recommend the top of the range systems sometimes costing £1,500 when a just as capable pc on their shelves can be bought for £600 and do just as good a job.

Personally I cringe when I am on the premises and sales staff point newbies to the most expensive system. I find this extremely bad practice and a lot of high street stores are guilty of this.

I also find sales staff do not understand what the computers offer and often when explaining stuff to the public they baffle them with terms which in my opinion they do not understand themselves.
(Source: http://www.w00tw00t.co.uk/computer/laptop/)
Jumping out of an airplane is not a basic instinct. Neither is breathing underwater. But put the two together and you're traveling through space!