Privacy policies...

Whatever pisses you off. Whatever you want to yell out to the world. POST IT HERE, DARNIT!

Moderator: poppycat

^rooker
Site Admin

Privacy policies...

Post by ^rooker »

Just took a closer look at vmware's privacy policy.
Well... they obviously interpret the term "privacy" sliiiiightly different than I would.

Here are some examples:
EMC also collects personal information of its employees (human resources data) in connection with administration of its Human Resources programs and functions.
I really love it when people like you and me are simply labeled "resources". Kind of soldiers... or other faceless things you can play with like chess board figures.
EMC will use personal information to provide customers and business partners with information and services and to help us better understand your needs and interests.
Whoops! There goes my privacy!
Personal information collected online may be combined with information you provide to EMC through other sources [...]
Personal information given to EMC may be transferred across state and country borders for data consolidation, storage and simplified information management.
In german, that's called "Rasterfahndung"...
[...]In these instances, you will not have the opportunity to opt out of having your information shared with these third party distributors and resellers.
So much for stopping them from distributing my personal data.
To the extent that EMC uses personal information to email you about our product and services, EMC's email practices are in compliance with the U.S. and E.U. SPAM laws. Information about the U.S. and E.U. SPAM laws can be found at http://www.spamlaws.com/.
Great: "legal" SPAM (sure. that sounds WAY better than regular spam, doesn't it?) :?
Except as provided above, EMC will not share personal information with any other third parties without your permission, unless required by, or in connection with, law enforcement action, subpoena or other litigation, or applicable law.
no comment. :shock:
EMC will not sell, trade or lease your personal information to others.
hm... at least they're not making DIRECT profit with my info.

short:
their privacy policy doesn't really make me feel safe...