Disney's attractions speak the uncomfortable truth!

Whatever pisses you off. Whatever you want to yell out to the world. POST IT HERE, DARNIT!

Moderator: poppycat

^rooker
Site Admin

Disney's attractions speak the uncomfortable truth!

Post by ^rooker »

Today I've discovered an old audio cassette with the Disneyland-Soundtrack from ~1981 on it. Side A finishes with the Lincoln "Hall of Presidents" speech.

When reading between the lines, one could find some slight inconsistency between the meaning of this speech and the current US actions. I'm not only talking about strange crusades against terrorism, but also the current economical "way to go!".

My favorite part of Disney-Lincoln's speech is this one:
At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up among us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we ourselves, must be its author and its finisher. As a nation of free men, we must live through all time . . . or die by suicide.

In case you'd like to listen to the recording of this speech, you can download it as MP3, which is actually restricted by licenses- but... if FREEDOM really -is- of importance for you, you certainly go for OGG/Vorbis, right?
^rooker
Site Admin

more stuff about Disney & Freedom

Post by ^rooker »

Disney's DRM Is a Happy, Happy World After All:
Much in line with the superficiality of his happy, happy world, Disney executive Peter Lee suggests consumers should be treated like the unknowledgeable children that visit his fairy tale parks:

"If consumers even know there's a DRM, what it is, and how it works, we've already failed," says Peter Lee, an executive at Disney.
this blog, based on this article of "The Economist".

I guess this really fits the "spirit of freedom", Lincoln meant in his speech, right?
Destroy this spirit and you have planted the seeds of despotism at your own doors.
hm.... who's actually trying to destroy this spirit of liberty? Take a look at the newspapers regarding topics like "DRM" (=Digital Restriction Management), "Software Patents", "Proprietary Lock-Ins", "Abductions by governmental institutions", etc...

Who's the leading country regarding these topics?