Kubuntu Installer is a P.O.S.

Whatever pisses you off. Whatever you want to yell out to the world. POST IT HERE, DARNIT!

Moderator: poppycat

tonmaus

Kubuntu Installer is a P.O.S.

Post by tonmaus »

... or a little buggy to say the least...

- no choices for installing GRUB on another drive than the installation target
- partition resizing fails to work on another drive than HDA0 (access to Qparted from the setup is buggy)
- Partition subsequently created with Qparted manually in EXT3 will be re-formatted in Ext2 without saying a word
- turning off the auto mounting feature of the live distro in the installer should be automatic
- the mounting itself is buggy. I had to umount 4 times until it finally worked. I assume that a previous successfull umount from Qparted was not properly recognised from the live system.
- the autoloading of language packets is very suspicious. It loads quite some data only for throwing away almost all of it in the setup procedure
- the auto-update function is obviously buggy. Error message: can't logIn to ubuntu security blablabla [internet was naturally working like a charm in the same moment]
- less setup documentation obvious than in the "world of evil". I mean, this is obviously targeted at newbies and DAUs, but it doesn't behave DAU-proof.

That all was: 6.0.6.1 dapper.

Cheers,

Tonmaus

PS: I love Kubuntu so far, nevertheless