A 14.000 USD cellphone... WTF?

Whatever pisses you off. Whatever you want to yell out to the world. POST IT HERE, DARNIT!

Moderator: poppycat

^rooker
Site Admin

A 14.000 USD cellphone... WTF?

Post by ^rooker »

Yesterday I had to unlock my phone (I really hate simlocks - but that's another topic). However, there was a guy in that store trying to convince the man behind the counter to buy a "special" cell phone from him...

He seemed quite suspicious and I kept an ear on their conversation. The mobile phone he had with him in a plastic bag was a "Vertu Signature". I've never heard about this - and I'm happy I didn't, because this is probably the most useless piece of crap you can buy for money:

http://www.brandish.tv/2006/11/new_vertu_is_th.html

Talking about money: This thing is sold on eBay for ~11.000 USD. How sick is that?

I mean: Yes, it has a sapphire scratch-proof-display and a titanium & stainlesss steel hull, but I don't believe that people who buy this buy it because they need these "enduring features".

Something is really, really wrong out there....
^rooker
Site Admin

...they topped it!

Post by ^rooker »

I can't believe it, but today I wanted to show a friend that I'm not kidding regarding this insane price of that phone.

Well, guess what?

I found another site (german) writing about a special design edition called "pink diamonds" - and there it's labelled with 300.000 EUR (!!). Now this is beyond *any* reasonable scope.

...but on the other hand: I believe that there are necklaces for even more money that you actually can't use to make a phone call with, so....
Jumping out of an airplane is not a basic instinct. Neither is breathing underwater. But put the two together and you're traveling through space!
gilthanaz
Site Admin

Heh

Post by gilthanaz »

I just read that, it is also that expensive because it automatically subscribes you to a 'concierge service'. Basically that means you can press a button and get someone (many languages supported) to order a pizza for you, no matter where you are or if you speak the local language. And of course, its a 24/7 service.

Man.... some people..... *BLAM!*