Step-by-Step descriptions of how to do things.
- Posts: 338
- Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:05 am
Here's a short HowTo for extracting pages from a PDF into another PDF on the commandline.
1) Install the "PDF Toolkit" (pdftk):
2) Extract the pages:
Code: Select all
$ pdftk A=inputfile.pdf cat AXX-YY output output.pdf
Replace the following parameters with the ones for your use case:
- inputfile.pdf: The source file
- XX-YY: Pages to extract. From (XX) to (YY)
- output.pdf: The output PDF file to create
Thanks to LinuxJournal article "Tech Tip: Extract Pages From a PDF" (by Kurt Pfeifle)