Netgear RP614 - Problems with configuring INet

Linux howto's, compile information, information on whatever we learned on working with linux, MACOs and - of course - Products of the big evil....
gilthanaz
Site Admin

Netgear RP614 - Problems with configuring INet

Post by gilthanaz »

[Problem]
When you use a netgear RP614 (Don't know with other models, may also apply for those) and finally connect to the webinterface, you won't get many options. This router has a hell stupid "click next - click next - i try to be smart but fail"-interface.

[Solution]
There is a very little (4pt) "button" to override the automatic configuration, so you can finally manually feed the stupid thing with login/pwd data, MAC addy of the nic (if using cable and are bound to a single MAC adress), and everything else.

Another solution is a manual override, which you will find studying the online available (www.netgear.com) manual. For some reason (money, i guess) the manual does not come with the router in printed form. I could not determine if it is on the Drivers CD as a PDF, tho. In this solution you just directly call an .html file on the router which overrides login/pwd questions. Very high secure. :)