On a good old, stable-running Xubuntu 12.04 (64bit) I suddenly get a very strange (and annoying) behavior of Thunar:
Whenever I open a new window it freezes for a few seconds.
CPU load goes to 100%.
ps/top/htop show it's the Thunar process:
No updates were done on this machine. No changes I am aware of (and I know this machine).Thunar --sm-client-id 27f4ab516-b65f-488e-9afa-c20bee3f40d4 --daemon
It was a bad folder with lots-and-lots-of-files in "~/Templates".
I realized that when I right-clicked to create a new file: It froze again.
So I removed the faulty Template and everything's back to normal again.