M1crosoft

Whatever pisses you off. Whatever you want to yell out to the world. POST IT HERE, DARNIT!

Moderator: poppycat

iCEhOT
God of Bitching

M1crosoft

Post by iCEhOT »

Why do people hate m1crosoft and windows so much?? all they ever do is moan about how crap it is, XP is the best operating system ever created - sure it has bugs, all code does.... 1 bug per 100 lines is average for any coder... XP is over a billion lines of code - Start bitching when you think you can do that better.... And stop using linux it's shit, they have no idea about HCI techniques, and only works well with hardware over 2 years old.
gilthanaz
Site Admin

HM.

Post by gilthanaz »

I dont hate MS Windows at all, but for all i can say ME, XP and 98FE are crap. The only really good windows is Windows 2000 if you need stability, or W98 for semi-stable but gaming.

About linux - linux is superiour to MS Products in almost every kind of serving purposes. It doesnt cost shit, its fast, and if you have a clue you can also set it up very secure. I personally wouldn't use linux for desktop work or gaming, tho. Iam a BASH monkey.
desi
Chatterbox

Post by desi »

the computer & cell phone were invented so we would always have something to bitch about
gilthanaz
Site Admin

Lol.

Post by gilthanaz »

Good point :P
desi
Chatterbox

Post by desi »

why, thank you :twisted:
poppycat
Forum Bitch No.1

Post by poppycat »

I will give you $5 for your soul...mwuhahahaha
^rooker
Site Admin

about linux

Post by ^rooker »

I totally agree that Linux' GUI is a pain in the ass. The clipboard is hardly global and every programmer invents his own shortcuts, so you need to read megabytes of man-pages to figure out the simplest things.

I mean, it's awesome that you can use almost EVERY editor as fully functional programming IDE, but first you'd have to figure out which one of the 1000 editors you'd like to use... And once you've found one you like, you're very likely to find it configured completely different on a different computer. (e.g. "vi" - which wasn't compiled with syntax-highlighting support on RedHat machines - for WHATEVER reason...)

...BUT: For server applications it's awesome. Compared to a Win-server, it needs WAAAAAY less ressources (CPU, RAM, ...) and is steady as a rock!
The fact that you need to edit the configuration files directly sometimes seems annoying, but the reward is that you KNOW what the application knows instead of trying to resolve weird entries in some event-logs with quite non-expressive errormessages.